Exclusive: Lauren Hildebrandt interview! Hildy talks about her new album, Danity Kane's Shannon Bex, a Nick Carter duet and her crush on Zac Efron!



Lauren, it's so great to chat with you today on Geno's World.

You, too. Thanks for having me.

I see that your nickname is Hildy. Can I call you Lauren?

No, how dare you call me by my real name. Just kidding, of course. Most people do call me Lauren.

I am a big fan of yours and LOVE your debut CD "Not Really a Waitress." How much work went into writing and recording this album?

It took close to a year and a half. Lots of people were involved in the project from Atlanta, LA, Scottsdale. Mostly it was because of scheduling problems due to my waitressing jobs and the long hours that made it difficult to spend time in the studio.

Why are you calling it "Not Really a Waitress?"

Because a lot of people can relate to having to work at something while pursuing a dream...not just artists and actors in LA but students, mothers and others working to make ends meet. When you wait tables, people see you as just a servant and don't care what's inside or underneath...just how quickly they can get their order. I felt invisible in my uniform that covered up who I really was. But every table and every tip help pay for another track.



Geno's World LOVES your music video for BOYSHORTS. Very sexy stuff! What was shooting the video like for you?

So much fun! A whole two days centered on me and I loved the attention...ha ha. I love making videos because seeing the visual helps people relate to the song. I want fans to relate to me and have something memorable. Gotta give a shout out to Andrew Will, the director, and his crew for an incredible video.

[ VIDEO on YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTdNdJwrxUA ]

Do you have any "behind-the-scenes" stories from the shoot?

The scenes with me dancing in a black dress with a light shining through were shot in my parent's garage! Also, we didn't realize we needed a permit for the beach scene with Thor (my love interest). The lifeguards came just as we were finishing. They were cool about it and let us continue for the last 15 minutes because they said it was okay to shoot our 'student' film.

You were on Debbie Allen's "Fame" on NBC and lasted until the finals as a "triple-threat." Did appearing on that show help you in Hollywood?

Not really. Hollywood doesn't care about triple threats -- Broadway does.

Shannon Bex from Danity Kane came in Second Place on "Fame." You have any dirt on her for us?

No dirt. Shannon is one of the sweetest girls ever. She is a motivated, talented girl and I was so happy to see her success in Danity Kane because she deserved it.

What do you think of Lady Gaga, who seems to be trend setting everywhere she goes these days?

I love Lady Gaga. Her style is different and her image is out there. I love her theatrical background and musicality that makes her such a unique performer.

What designers are you currently working with?

None...please come forward and dress me! Actually, I just worked with the talented Erin Hirsch, who designed 2 costumes for my shows. But I'd love to meet some up and coming designer who wants to dress me for the red carpet.

Have to ask, are you a natural blonde?

I feel like one. But Ashley Livesay, my hairdresser at Chromo in Hollywood, reminds me every 4 weeks how dark my hair really is, especially when I want her to make me even blonder.

Do you have any celebrity crushes?

Zac Efron. Come on, he has great hair and he did such an awesome job on SNL and who doesn't love "High School Musical" movies. Wish I went to his high school. Also, Penn Badgley. I'm a huge fan of "Gossip Girls" and I'm not sure if I have a crush on him or his character, but definitely a crush. Last, Justin Timberlake....doesn't everyone?



I heard somewhere that you were possibly going to record a duet with Nick Carter. What is going on with that?

Growing up, I always loved the Back Street Boys. We've reached out to Nick and hope to get something going.

What can we expect to see from Lauren "Hildy" Hildebrandt in the coming months?

A few performances back East and then into the studio to work with a few different producers. I'm in talks to duet with a few people as well as do another single that is a bit different from those on my album. I love being in the studio.

Best of luck to you! It's been a pleasure to chat with you. Come back to Geno's World anytime!

Thanks, Geno. Love your blog and all the best to you!!

ABOUT LAUREN "HILDY" HILDEBANDT
Lauren Hildebrandt first rose to celebrity when she competed on Debbie Allen's triple-threat reality series "Fame". Hildy made it all the way to the top twelve appearing on national television week-after-week and winning fans nationally. Hildebrandt made a huge splash in the dance world with her debut single titled "Burnin' Out," which hit #5 on the Billboard club play chart which led to a coveted nomination as "Best New Dance Artist" in 2006 against Rihanna and Cascada at the International Dance Music Awards. Soon after, Lauren released the Top 20 Billboard club hits "Dance With You" and "My Life Again" in succession. Today, Hildy's poised to make her splash on the mainstream scene with her first pop single titled "Boyshorts," from her forthcoming debut album "Not Really a Waitress," released on Red Wallet Records. The full album drops mid March 2009. Watch out for Lauren "Hildy" Hildebrandt as she tours internationally to support her new release. With her sassy edge, stunning glam look and legs to give Tina Turner a run for her money, Hildy's got the talent, drive and ambition to hit the big time. For more information: http://www.laurenhildebrandt.com or http://www.myspace.com/hildymusic